It’s that time of year again where the “North” (Fleet 4 – Santa Barbara) meets and races against the “South” (Fleet 1 – Newport Beach) in a 2-day, fun filled Weekend Event!
Last year Santa Barbara hosted the event, provided great races, excellent entertainment and parties, and wonderful food. This year, Fleet 1 is hosting the event in Newport Harbor and we have a packed schedule of social, eating and sailing events – and you’re invited to join in the fun and racing!
- Friday 6pm Welcome Reception Party
- Saturday: Racing Rules Refresher, Strategy & Local Knowledge Seminar
- Saturday: Lots of racing in the bay
- Saturday: Cocktail reception and Band
- Saturday: Dinner at NHYC
- Sunday: Lots of racing
- Sunday: Cocktails & Live Music
- Sunday: BBQ Beach Party at LIYC
There are several opportunities to participate:
Skipper / Crew: There are a few spots left to represent Fleet 1 in the competition. $200 includes race entry and all the social events / dinners.
Boat Owner: Fleet 1 is providing all the boats for the race. Boat owners that loan their boats to the event get to sail along as the “3rd person” in the boat. Boats will rotate, giving Boat Owners an opportunity to sail with different expert sailors over the weekend. Boat Owners get to race in the races and participate in all the social events & dinners: $150
(Note: If boat owners would like to just race, and not attend any of the events, the race entry is only $25)
Events Only: Those that wish to participate in all the fun events, but not race, the cost is $125.
Volunteer Only: And those that just want to participate in the organization of the event and the races can volunteer with Race Committee, or “Pit Crew” (dockside boat organization and prep). No charge, but no social events included.
Visit the Official Race Notice Board for Registration, Payment and the NORs for the event.
Sign up today!
If you have any questions about participating, contact the event Chairman Warren Duncan.
The Class/Fleet 1 Championship Regatta Is Fast Approaching!
This August 4th marks 60 days before the Class and Fleet 1 Championship Regatta. Boats that are racing in this regatta must have been kept in the water continuously for 60 days prior to Class Championships and Fleet Championships, per our Class rules. If you are planning to haul your Harbor 20 for maintenance before the Champs you must do it before August 4th.
Also, now is the time to make sure you are familiar with the Class and Fleet 1 rules regarding eligibility of both skipper and crew, equipment required and permitted to be on board, and other rules pertaining to the Championship Regatta. The Class Bylaws and Fleet 1 Bylaws can be found on-line at www.Harbor20.org. Don’t put yourself in the position of being disqualified because of rule violations.
Also, your Class and Fleet Association Memberships must be current. The entire member roster can be viewed online here, and membership expiration dates are in RED.
If you have any questions, you can contact Class Measurer Warren Duncan or Fleet 1 Measurer Michael Volk.
1. Select items for your shopping cart. You may add multiple items into each cart before checkout. For multiple entrants (e.g.: Skipper & non-participating companion), add one Registration for each person and indicate registration type (e.g.: Skipper / Crew, Boat Owner, Volunteer / Non-Competitor)
2. On checkout, select payment method. You can pay online using a major credit card, or PayPal, or you may choose to bring a check to the check in at NHYC on Friday, September 4th.
If you have any difficulties or questions regarding the checkout and registration process, email email@example.com.
Start by clicking here.
From Paul DeCapua:
In an effort to do the very best job we can in scoring individual races and the Series, I’d like to ask that if you intend to race in a division other than the boat was initially registered, please let us know ahead of time (preferably by noon on race day). You can do this by:
- Logging on to the Taco Tuesday Registration Form and creating another entry for the boat. The Registration page has been changed to accommodate this. Simply provide the info requested and select the division the boat will be racing in.
- If you are unable to do this, please send me an e-mail telling me “I will be racing sail# ____ in ____ Division tonight”. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t have access to a computer, you may call me on my cell phone at 949-698-2285.
- Regardless of which method you choose, there is no additional charge if the boat is already registered.
- Please note that a boat which is not registered in the division in which she starts cannot be scored for the evening.
I appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you out on the water…and at the post-race party afterwards.