About Santa Barbara Fleet 4 / News / Links / Photos / Spinnakers
The Santa Barbara Harbor 20 Fleet has been active since 2011 and there are presently 13 actively raced Harbor 20’s in the fleet. The fleet has been a welcome addition to the one-design scene in Santa Barbara and has been very active in local races. Because Santa Barbara’s harbor has little free sailing space, all races take place outside the breakwater and this has led to one of Fleet 4’s claims to fame: the fleet has been nicknamed The Ocean 20’s and they handle it all like a dream. In addition, because of the room, good breezes, and potential advantage, the 20’s are almost always raced with asymmetric spinnakers.
* Spinnaker Dimensions for the Harbor 20: See the Fleet 4 Bylaws.
* Techniques for sailing the Harbor 20 spinnaker: Click Here.
* To subscribe and get email alerts to Harbor 20 posts, click on this link: http://www.harbor20.org/subscriptions/
The subscription process is straightforward, but for reference, here are all of the steps:
- Go to the Harbor 20 website: harbor20.org
- Click on the Santa Barbara Fleet 4 tab.
- Click on the “About Fleet 4” in the dropdown menu.
- On the page that comes up, click on the link for subscriptions: http://www.harbor20.org/subscriptions/
- On the following page type in your email address.
- Then click “Subscribe” (or “Unsubscribe” if you want to be removed from mailings).
- You should then see a note that you are getting a confirmation email that you must open and click on the enclosed link to confirm your subscription.
- Go to your own email inbox, open the confirmation email from “Webmaster@harbor20.org”, and click on the highlighted link to confirm your subscription. Then you’re done (maybe). If you don’t see this email, check your “Spam” and “Junk” mailboxes in case your filters have rejected this address. To be more sure, add “Webmaster@harbor20.org” to your list of approved senders.
* Fleet 4 Historical Measurement/Weight Data