Sunday, November 12 – 6:00 PM
Newport Harbor Yacht Club
$85.00 per person if registered by November 7
$100.00 per person if registered after November 7
Click here to register.
Your nominee should be a Harbor 20 member that gives of themselves with the intent of sharing their knowledge with the purpose of encouraging, educating and guiding without compensation or benefit to themselves.
We look forward to reading your stories and sharing the Mentor 2023 at the November 12th awards event.
Mark & Shana Conzelman
Send your nominations and reason for your choice to: email@example.com by November 5, 2023
Do you feel like your Harbor 20 could be a little faster? Now is your chance to order new sails at a discount. because ordering during this time period allows the sails to be ordered, built, and measured at the same time.
Premium Race Dacron cloth from Challenge Sailcloth. Crosscut construction with 3-step seaming, telltales with telltale window, vertical battens, rollbag, and class measurement.
Made Locally at Ullman Sail Newport Beach
Available discounts until November 30
5% discount with a 50% deposit: $944.30
10% discount with a 100% deposit: $894.60
To order contact:
Salen Stuart – One Design Coordinator
P: 714-432-1860 C: 949-414-8499 firstname.lastname@example.org
Elliott / Pattison Sailmakers
Same Class Legal construction, fabric and finish as current sails, 1 row of reef points, full battens, numbers, insignia, telltales, and sail bag
Available discount until November 17
20% discount: $1264.80
To order contact Harry Pattison: 949-645-6697, then press 1, or 949-275-3302 direct
The class board of directors is working to keep our boats one-design with fair competition for all sailors. We are making a series of bylaw updates to specify the Harbor 20 more precisely. The latest updates include specs for:
- Keel bulb (bylaw III.B.2.f)
- Rudder (bylaw III.B.2.g)
- Mast and boom (bylaws III.B.2.i/j)
- Mast rake (bylaw III.B.2.n) [Note: Fleet 5 has set a limit on rake, but other fleets haven’t yet.]
These updates are NOT intended to put any existing unmodified boat out of compliance. Their purpose is to ensure that modifications to boats maintain the one-design character of the Harbor 20.
For the updated Class Bylaws click here.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED
Unfortunately we did not reach the minimum headcount required to make this event economically viable.
Whether you are just learning the racing rules or are already an expert racer, this seminar will improve and update your understanding of the complex rules of our sport. This course covers all the rules which govern the behavior of boats in close proximity when starting, meeting, encountering obstructions, rounding marks, and finishing. Animated PowerPoint and videos bring the rules to life. Includes continental breakfast, lunch, and course materials.
Saturday, September 9
Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club
8:15 Registration / Continental Breakfast
9:00 Seminar begins
5:00 Seminar ends
Please bring a Racing Rules of Sailing for 2021-2024 book. It is free to members of US Sailing.
To register click here.
Race for this beautiful trophy!
Click here for the event page.
2023 Harbor 20 Fleet 1 Championship – September 23-24, NHYC
- Boats must be in the water for 60 days before the event (bylaw I.F.9).
- Skippers must have been owners for 60 days before the event (bylaw I.F.10).
So, this year those criteria must be met by July 25.
- Boats must have a measurement certificate (class bylaw III.C.2) which can be verified by clicking your sail number in the harbor20.org member roster.
- A copy of the registration must be on the boat and must list the skipper’s name.
- Crews must have sailed on the boat 12 times since the last fleet championships.
- Petitions (such as for a crew who doesn’t meet the 12-race requirement) must be submitted to the Fleet Measurer before the September 10 Board meeting.