Fleet 4 Meeting Minutes 10 July 2017
HARBOR 20 FLEET FOUR
BOARD AND MEMBER MEETING
- Call to order: Rich Miller presiding. Present Geoff Slaff, JJ Jeffries, Helene Webb, Fred Rice, Brian Green, Ann Hutchins, Kevin Cahill, Caroline Cavanagh.
- Team Racing presentation. No minutes taken.
- Acceptance of previous minutes. Accepted.
- Webmaster’s Report. No report.
- Treasurer’s Report. Fleet has $3,609.55 in the bank. Small amount spent on meeting snacks and team racing id ribbons.
- Weighing: Fleet Capt. notes that the Class requires a 30 lb. weight be added to the battery compartment along with a lithium battery. Boats that a still need to be reweighed include Fling, Fleur de Lis and possibly Limoncello. Fred Rice is to contact Bill Hahn to schedule a time to weigh Fling.
- Backstay lead change: Brian Green of Amigo advocates approval of running the backstay adjuster line a turning block mounted to the base of the binnacle. Noted, Class rule IIIF.2.d states: running rigging “leads and purchase geometries may not be changed or relocated.” Discussion and motion to approve the optional “Amigo style” backstay lead change for Fleet Four boats. Approved by majority vote of the board and members present with one abstention and 2 “no” votes.
- Response to complaints that Fleet Four needs a rule re when spinnaker poles may be deployed. Discussion. No decision. Tables for further research. Rich is to check with J-70 and Melges Fleets re their rules.
- Response to concerns re rule regarding how much of a person’s body may be outside of the cockpit except for emergencies. Class rule IIC4 states: Hiking is not permitted. “All crew shall keep their torsos within the confines of the cockpit at all times, excepting in the need for immediate repair or for safety. Discussion. Proposed: “Hips must remain inside the vertical extensions of the cockpit “walls.” Approved by majority vote of the board and members present.
- North South Regatta Date, 2018. Discussion. Fleet rep is to place on the agenda of the SBYC sail policy committee. Fleet consensus suggestion, Labor Day.
- Annapolis team members? Rich Miller, Fred Rice and maybe Geoff Slaff announce they are going with crew.
- Next team race. Consensus, August 2.
- Reminder announcement to sign up for the Fiesta Regatta.