Fleet 4 Meeting Minutes June 14th, 2018
Fleet 4 Meeting Minutes
Thursday, June 14th
Attendees: JJ, Bill Hahn, Bill Bench, Al, Tom Wright, Jane Barrett, Jane Watkins, Cheryl, Rich, Helene, Ann Hutchins, Dale, Geoff
- Prior to the East West expenditures, the Fleet’s account balance was $4,781.07.
- The Fleet unanimously passed a resolution to spend up to $2000 of the Fleet’s money on the East West Regatta, if needed for the social events.
- A new mold is being built by Columbia yachts.
- Boats are still ordered through WD Schock
- If someone has an old boat this may be exchanged for a new one for $10,000 (plus your old boat). The old boats will be re-furbished and sold for $30,000.
East West Updates:
- Fleet 4 (Santa Barbara) Team selection process was agreed to. The process is as follows: after the Fiesta Cup the boats will be ranked based on their finishes in the Championship eligible regattas sailed year to date. Starting from the top, skippers will be asked if they are willing and able to compete and the process will continue until we fill out the 4 teams allocated to our fleet.
- As in the past all of the boats’ standing rigging (i.e. shrouds) will be tuned to the same setting prior to the East West regatta.
- We will need 14 owner’s reps for each day of racing and probably at least 10 reps for Friday’s practice to held after the spinnaker clinic. So far Helene, Jane Barrett and Tom Wright, Ann Hutchins, Ed Walls, Wayne and Jane Watkins have volunteered to act in this capacity. More are needed. Geoff will send an email to the fleet asking for more reps.
- Jane Barrett reported on the housing. To date 7 rooms have been requested by the out of town sailors and so far, we have 10 rooms available. We are still waiting to hear back from 7 or 8 more out of town participants so we may need more rooms.
- Jane Watkins is coordinating the Friday social event at the Maritime Museum. We will be using Stanton’s Gourmet Catering. There just happens to be a surf band playing outside the museum on this night to add to the fun of the evening.
- Cheryl Miller is coordinating Saturday’s beach party at the club. SBYC will do all the set up and decorating and provide a Luau themed meal with passed apps and then a buffet. Jason Campbell’s band is playing and the consensus at the meeting was to make sure the music isn’t too loud.
- JJ is coordinating the Sunday awards event at the Carriage and Western Art Museum. The plan is for a western BBQ with Tri-tip and associated sides. Julie Jeffryes will be asked to provide tours for people during the event.
- Geoff will contact Scott Deardorff to see if he will lead the Friday afternoon spinnaker clinic.
- Members agreed that ideally boats will all have a compass and nothing more. We need to do an inventory and determine if this is indeed possible.
Logo for the Shirts:
- Helene unveiled her artwork for the back and front of the shirts and everybody loved it.
- Including the bids, we have from the caterers for the Friday and Sunday events and from the yacht club for Saturday’s event we are showing an overall deficit for all of the expenses to put this on of about $300. This will be covered by the $2000 from fleet account the fleet members allocated to be used for this event. So far so good. Geoff doesn’t expect this deficit to grow to more than $1000 but we shall see. Everybody working on the various events and other expense related items (i.e. T-shirts) is doing a good job of trying to stay within budget.