Fleet 4 Meeting Minutes 14 March 2019
Santa Barbara Harbor 20
Fleet Meeting, March 14, 2019
Meeting convened by Rich Miller. Present, Rick Yabsley, J.J. Jeffryes, Tom Wright,
Morgan Green, Bill Hahn and Helene Webb, Tim. Dave Lampert appeared briefly to
introduce himself to the fleet as a new boat owner.
1. Treasurer’s Report; $4,209 in the bank.
2. Rules quiz.
3. Old Business. None.
4. Review of minutes and topics from February meeting for fleet action.
– Confirmation by J.J. that he will remain as webmaster, as requested by the board at
the February meeting.
– North South Regatta. Confirmation that Geoff Slaff will handle the Labor Day event,
but some discussion that it may not take place. No action.
– Goleta Beach Race – Discussion about getting an anchored buoy for Harbor 20s to
use. Discussion of “sag” wagon to bring boats to the party if the wind dies., or tow
them back to Santa Barbara after the BBQ. Consensus to promote the event, possible
trophy for H20 fleet. No action. Further discussion later at a meeting attended by more
– One-day Regattas. Earlier recommendation was for all one-day championship
regattas in 2019 except for Fiesta Cup. Consensus among the 8 present boat owners
was to confirm that recommendation.
– Fun sail to Miramar Cove. discussion. Rick Yabsley will examine the sheltered area.
Suggestion to start inside Santa Barbara harbor, finish at Miramar. Hand out
sandwiches and drinks. Conduct a reverse order start for race back to harbor. Happy
hour at the dock. Rick Yabsley is to organize. Tentatively scheduled for August 17 or
– Friday night races in the harbor. Discussion. No action.
– Compensation for lending H20’s to yacht club for one-design Centennial Cup etc.
Discussion. Boats were loaned three times last year. Suggestion, compensation to be
the price of a jib per boat. Rich will discuss with the SBYC Sail Policy Committee.