H20 Fleet 1 Championship Communication
Harbor 20 Fleet 1 Championship
September 25 & 26, 2021
It’s time to register for the Harbor 20 Fleet 1 Championships hosted by Newport Harbor Yacht Club. The $30 entry fee goes up to $35 after September 21, 2021. The Notice of Race has been posted here and you can register here.
Drinks and appetizers will be served at Newport Harbor Yacht Club immediately after racing on Sunday. No Saturday dinner is planned. Everyone in the Fleet is invited to the social gathering after racing on Sunday. The awards ceremony will commence one hour after the last race.
◦ Boats must be in the water for 60 days before the event (bylaw I.F.9).
◦ Skippers must have been owners for 60 days before the event (bylaw I.F.10).
◦ Boats must have a measurement certificate (class bylaw III.C.2) which can be verified by finding your member roster entry under “Members > Member Roster” in the menu above and then clicking on your sail number.
◦ A copy of the DMV registration must be on the boat and must list the skipper’s name.
◦ Crews must have sailed on the boat 12 times since the last fleet championships.
◦ Petitions (such as for a crew who doesn’t meet the 12-race requirement) must be submitted to the Fleet Measurer before the September 11 Board meeting.