Fleet 4 Meeting Minutes, September 16, 2021
Fleet 4 Harbor-20 Fleet Meeting
16 September 2021
2021 Long Term Proxies:
|TachyToo||Wayne Rosing||Greg Hopkins|
One Time Proxies:
|Pleione||Geoff Slaff||Rich Miller|
- Call to Order: 5:45
- Approve August Meeting minutes: Skipped but no voting was done all conversation
- Geoff to provide the treasury report: no change
- Rich report on National Class News: Skipped
- Do we have a quorum? Yes, in attendance Firefly(John & Caroline) Fluer( Gt & Al) Webster ( Bill) Tachytoo (Greg), Fling (Bill & JJ), S.O.D (Lee), Picante(Morgan), Cardremmian (Rich)
Old Business (Carried over from May 20 2021 Minutes
Provide trophies for the 2021 Fleet 4 Double-Handed champions SBYC Race. (Jeff double Handed) Action: TBC to provide trophies, Caroline mentioned that the Sailing Club runs a Double Handed race and it is great for the H20.
- RULES Education
Action: Bill Hahn; Bill Suggested the fleet meet and discuss incidents on the course after Wet Wednesday races. He will keep a running list so we can identify the reoccurring disputes/misinterpretations of the rules and have Brad address. GT suggested windward mark boats rounding and gybing to port and fouling Starboard tack boats. Bill reported no reportable incidents on his list.
Continued discussion of pursuing better Sails for our fleet. Parameters that the Group has general agreement on is price, viewed as initial cost and longevity and the ability for all fleet members to trim sails. Bill Hahn, Lee, have volunteered and those present agreed that Rick Yabsley would be able to offer good input as he has done a lot of research. 6/17 update Fleet 1 looking at North sails, Lee spoke with Rick mildly interested Action: Lee to follow up with Fleet 1 Realizing they sail in different Conditions no change of status
- Safety Equipment
Geoff discussed publishing a list of required safety equipment at the beginning of next season all agreed this would be a good idea.
- Interested Potential H20 Boat owners.
Jeff Mikeska in attendance found a slip and has purchase a boat taking delivery in 6 weeks
GT will talk with Commodore of Sailing Club to see if he can generate interest in H20 fleet
Tony Papa Won Commodores Regatta and was fired up to get a Harbor 20
- Seashell Fleet Request to take some skippers out for a sail. Lee to follow up with call
- Women’s Skipper Championship/ Shalhoob Cup Sat Sept 18th Karen Cahill is regatta chair and we have met her request to date
- Fleet and Class Membership dues discussion. Fleet dues 100$ per boat, Class dues 15$ all owners and boat skippers. Note guest skippers not necessary, crew and interested parties optional.
- Hosting North- South regatta next year possibly using Fiesta cup as venue. Rich is to follow up and report back to fleet.
- Put Singlehanded Race on Schedule GT to check and see if we can be part of SBSC schedule Bugay race. Fleet agreed race fee would be good support of SBSC
- Fun Race Rich threw out idea of having fun race meet at SBYC dock boats rigged and draw names we all sail different boat then our own.
- Fleet 4 language in our bylaws regarding membership and eligibility to race, is not as Morgan remembered that we voted on last December 17th 2020 meeting. Lee Rich and Morgan will investigate.
On The Water
- Miramar Anchor Down Race Saturday September 25th. Geoff to let Rick and Nina Know Budget. Done
Request to Crew have been coming in is anyone interested in responding. Three Responses SOD will take a couple, one respondent is interested in Buying Harbor Twenty,
Another couple showed interest
Show of hands who is sailing. Tachytoo, Firefly, Cardemmian, Fling, S.O.D, Fleur De Lis, Tachyon, Pleione possible (greg to follow up)
Al taking care of food and drink dock side at end of race. Needs help setting up tables
- Class Championship Series: Fall Regatta Sunday October 3
Thursday, October 21, 2021 1730 (5:30 p.m.)